Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thank you, kitchen utensils!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but there are some kitchen appliances and utensils I will use everyday, everytime. They are my favorites. And, they are the pieces I cannot imagine my life without. This blog is a tribute to my favorites!



First, my cookbook holder. It's been my lifesaver time and again when I'm struggling with 'floppy' cookbooks that won't stay open. My cookbook holder props them up and keeps the pages relatively clean. Best of all, I don't have to keep one hand on the cookbook and one stirring the pot.

Next, my Corningware. I have a small obsession with Corningware. I don't know why, either. We didn't use it growing up, and I don't make casseroles too often. I think it might be because of the way it looks. It's classic and functional. I don't think there's an American kitchen that should be without at least one piece of Corningware! ::sigh:: Isn't it lovely?




Aahhh...my jar opener. Some might see this as silly and useless, but I have wimpy arms. My Oxo jar opener has yet to let me down.



My Anolon Knife set is a miracle. The knives are super sharp and I use them daily. Again, my mom never had a knife set like this when we were growing up. I'm not sure I understand how she lives without these know that I've got them. My utility and paring knives are my favorite. I love the chef's knife as well, I just don't use it daily like I use the other two.



My Polder Oven Thermometer is an everyday necessity. Our oven is extremely fussy. It can take quite a while for the oven to heat up. This little baby tells me when my food is done and when the oven is warm enough. My casseroles have never been better!


My Calphalon non-stick pots and pans....aahh, life is good. :-) The lifetime warranty and the stay cool handles are fantastic. Graham also loves that they don't take much elbow grease to clean. I love these pots and pans. They heat evenly, my only complaint is that my cabinets aren't big enough to hold them. I need a hanging pot rack.


My saute pan...the love of my life. This is by far my favorite. It's large enough to hold everything, heats evenly and quickly, and is completely worth the price. It's so much easier than trying to cram everything into a frying pan all the time.

I love my tea kettle, too. It's non-whistling, which I don't love, but I DO love it's design. It's so old school it's practically screaming, "1901! 1901!" I make tea or cocoa with it almost every night.




The whisk....yessssss. I have the smaller one on top. My Oxo whisk is fantastic! It's so easy to clean. I don't think there's a kitchen in the U.S. that doesn't have one. Why break out the huge KA Mixer for a simple job that your whisk can take care of? I love using my whisk....it makes me feel like a true chef when I whip it out and swirl together something delicious.




Need I say more? I love this thing....it's made baking a fantastic experience from start to finish. I'm not tired from my wimpy old hand mixer anymore!!! I'll be using it again soon, and I'm so excited...I keep eyeing it like I'm picking it up from a bar.


I love working in my kitchen, and this post is simply a tribute to those pieces that make my life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::