Monday, April 7, 2008

Coriander-Pepper Chops

I have a confession: I originally had no intention of trying this recipe. I thought that Graham wouldn't like it because it would be way too spicy for his tastes. I figured, "Why even bother? It'll just be a waste of time."

However, I was forced to fold and give it a try. We're going out of town this weekend, and we didn't want to make a special trip to the grocery store for anything special. Honestly, I'm really glad we tried this; these were so, so, sooooo good! Really moist and flavorful, and they gave me the best excuse to use my grill pan. :-) Yeah...it's truly the little things that make me happy.

AND...I KNOW this is a great recipe because it's one of the few things we've had for dinner that Graham has loved; he's already asking for it again! This will most likely make it into our weekly/monthly rotation.

Coriander-Pepper Chops

2-4 boneless pork chops
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 T. coriander seeds, crushed
1 T. coarse black pepper
1 T. brown sugar
3 T. soy sauce

Place pork chops in a shallow dish. Mix garlic, coriander seeds, pepper, brown sugar, and soy sauce and pour over the chops. Marinate for 30 minutes. Remove the chops from the marinade and broil, pan broil, or grill for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Juices should run clear and chops should be tender and juicy.

Notes:
  • While I had them going in the grill pan, about halfway through cooking them I splashed them with a little more soy sauce. I think it helped a little to keep them moist but it was hard to tell. However, it can't hurt to do it again.
  • I used garlic powder since it was the best substitute for whole cloves of garlic. I used about a tablespoon and sprinkled it around.
  • I added the ingredients individually and finished with the soy sauce. I just wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and added the ingredients individually.
  • I served this with some leftover broccoli and baked potatoes. Mmmm....:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::