Monday, May 5, 2008

Coriander-Pepper Pork Chops

Graham liked this meal a lot, so I was anxious to make it again. I still can't believe how good these are! I changed a few things, so look to my notes below.

Coriander-Pepper Chops

2-4 boneless porkchops
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 T. coriander seeds, crushed
1 T. coarse black pepper
1 T. brown sugar
3 T. soy sauce

Place pork chops in a shallow dish. Mix garlic, coriander seeds, pepper, brown sugar, and soy sauce and pour over the chops. Marinate for 30 minutes. Remove the chops from the marinade and broil, pan broil, or grill for 10-15 minutes, turning occassionally. Juices should run clear and chops should be tender and juicy.

Notes:
  • Last time, I added ingredients in order to the pork chops, but I felt the consistency of the sauce was a little runny. This time I poured all the ingredients in a bowl and whisked them together. It worked well enough but made a much thicker sauce than before. I'm thinking of addling a 1/2 T. more soy sauce next time to thin it out a little.
  • I chopped up my coriander in my Magic Bullet--officially the second time I've used it! If I do that next time, I'll only use half the coriander as chopping it up and cracking the seeds really released a lot of flavor. It was way too spicy for my husband's tastes.
  • I used my grill pan. I love any excuse to use my grill pan!
  • Last time we served this with rice. Tonight I made baked potatoes and I think they paired well together--a good ole meat n' potatoes kind of dish. No matter how the entree turns out, I know my dinners will never get any complaints if I make baked potatoes as a side. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::