Monday, May 19, 2008

Seasoned Chicken & Bread Stuffing

A few years ago, while I was still living with my parents, I created this simple dish after a long day and a late return home. I'd spent the day with Graham and the "dinner waiting on the stove" had been devoured by my dad and my sister. I realized I had two options: drive-thru or....? I decided to sniff around the fridge and pantry before I burned some gas and came up with this. It smelled great enough that even my dad emerged from the basement to see what smelled so good. It's nice to make on a night when you don't really feel like making dinner or don't have a ton of time. I'm not that creative, so if you use this recipe, call it whatever you want!

Seasoned Chicken

Olive oil
2 tsp. butter
Basil
Sage
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Poultry Seasoning
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
White cooking wine

Sprinkle and rub the Poultry Seasoning on the chicken breasts. Add seasonings to taste. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet.

Add the chicken and brown, turning occasionally.

Add enough white wine for your taste, enough to cover the bottom of the pan, to deglaze. Continue cooking until done.

Notes:
  • Any spices could be added in place of the above: crushed red pepper flakes, cayanne pepper, cilantro, oregano....it's just up to your personal tastes.
  • The wine helps marinate the chicken and adds a nice flavor to the meal.
  • You could do this with skin-on chicken breast by stuffing the herbs in between the chicken and the skin.
  • I paired this with a simple bread stuffing I found on allrecipes.com. I liked it, and tweaked it a bit by adding some chopped celery. I imagine it would be really lovely with some whole wheat bread! You can find the recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight, although I substituted the stuffing for buttered pasta, and it went over really well!

    I call it Frazzoo's Seasoned Chicken.

    I love it! It's definitely a repeat recipe! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::