Thursday, July 24, 2008

BBQ Chicken

Okay, so before the comments come a'rollin' in, let me say that this is NOT authentic barbeque in any way, shape, or form. This is merely a lame attempt at bbqing in our tiny apartment.
Hokay, so Graham goes back to school tomorrow. I told him he could pick what he wanted for dinner since it's his last night of vacation until late October (gotta love those trimesters). He decided he wanted barbeque chicken. I decided to improvise.

Lately I felt like I'd been grilling or or frying a lot, so I took a few liberties and adjusted my recipe a bit.



Baked Barbeque Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Paprika
1 cup barbeque sauce

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Place chicken in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

Remove foil and pour bbq sauce evenly over chicken and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.

Notes:
  • If you use a whole chicken, cook covered for 1 hour and uncovered for 30 minutes.
  • What I like about this recipe is that it's so simple and when you use a blank canvas like chicken, you can adjust it and shake it up with any seasonings you like. It's not gourmet or "fine dining" by any means, but it's filling and moist and delicious.
  • We used an Apple Hickory bbq sauce we bought on our honeymoon in Galena, IL. If you haven't been, go! The Galena Canning Company makes amazing combinations of everything and will even ship your order to you. This is some of the best bbq sauce I've had in my life. It gave the chicken a delicious flavor and worked well with the spices already on the chicken without being overpowering.
  • I served this with a grilled corn salad that was really good. Recipe to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I really am craving for BBQ... you're tempting me to hit up some BBQ for dinner tonight - lol

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::