Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Coriander-Pepper Pork Chops

I've had a taste for these pork chops for a while. I realized I hadn't made them since early in May, so they needed a comeback.

I can't say enough about these. They are so good and so moist and SO wonderful! They're probably my favorite pork chop dish to make.

I'm also submitting it to my friend Joelen's Grilling Blogging Adventure. We don't have an actual grill, but I love any excuse to get my grill pan fired up! I like the power that comes with seeing actual grill marks on a piece of meat.

I served these with my mashed potatoes and slow-cooked green beans. I'll post that recipe tomorrow.

Sizzle, sizzle!
Mmmmm...they smelled so good!


Coriander-Pepper Pork Chops

2-4 boneless porkchops
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 T. coriander seeds, crushed
1 T. coarse black pepper
1 T. brown sugar
3 T. soy sauce
3 T. Olive oil

Whisk together olive oil and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Add garlic, coriander seeds, pepper, and brown sugar. Whisk together to blend. Place pork chops in dish. Marinate for 30 minutes. Remove the chops from the marinade and broil, pan broil, or grill for 10-15 minutes, turning occassionally. Juices should run clear and chops should be tender and juicy.

Notes:
  • I added the olive oil to the marinade. It's definitely not necessary and I've made it a few times without it. However, I think the olive oil adds a lot of flavor to the meat as the soy sauce breaks it down.
  • I also marinated them for an hour. Last time they felt a little dry to me, so I figure that the best way to combat that is to allow them to marinate a little longer. It worked really well, too. These were unbelievably tender and juicy.
  • This is so easy to make. I'm honestly caught off guard each and every time because it's so freakin' easy and cooks up fast.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! A great recipe to try with the coriander I have sitting in my spice drawer! Thanks for submitting it to the blogging event too :)

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::