Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Homemade Marinade

So we grilled up some steaks tonight. I got them for cheap at the local market, and they're not the best quality, but they're cheap! Graham LOVES steak and potatoes, probably almost as much as he loves me, hehe. These were just teeny little guys, and my homemade marinade really made them pop!

I didn't bother taking any pictures, because we all know what steak looks like. For my marinade, I opened up my cabinet and grabbed a few ingredients and voila!

3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 red wine vinegar
1 T. rosemary
1 T. dried basil
1 tsp. onion powder

Mix well before adding meat.

Notes:
  • Marinades are so easy, I don't know why I didn't start doing them on my own earlier. Why buy them when I've got all the necessary ingredients at home?
  • The red wine vinegar adds a lovely sweetness to the steaks. It wasn't overly tart or sweet, and the rosemary and basil really blended well with the vinegar.
  • I chose to add a small amount of onion powder for fear that the tastes would backfire and the steaks would be overly strange tasting. It seemed like it was just the right amount for our dinner.

2 comments:

  1. I agree- marinades are so easy, and SO GOOD! Yours sounds really flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using what's on hand to whip up a marinade. I'll even use leftover salad dressing and that works really well too!

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::