Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Onion Baked Pork Chops

I've made these before and they're always a hit. Graham loves them, and I love that I've taken a recipe and made it my own. Lauren liked them a lot the last time I made them, too! And now I have a photo to prove that I've made them! I like this photo blogging. It's really delightful.


Onion Baked Pork Chops

4 pork chops
1 pckg. Lipton onion soup mix
2 eggs, well beaten
2/3 cup bread crumbs
1/2 to 2/3 stick butter, melted
2 T. olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.

Combine soup mix and bread crumbs. Dip chops in egg and then in bread crumb/onion mixture, coating well. Place in a shallow pan.

Mix melted butter and olive oil in a small bowl and drizzle onto pork chops. Bake covered 1 hour, turning once.

Notes:
  • I usually saute an onion and top it over the pork chops. I didn't in the photo above, but it's mainly b/c i was hungry.
  • I also add garlic sometimes, but we don't have any garlic in the house.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is good. I've tried a similiar recipe and the flavor really shines. Great idea pairing with the hot crashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting, my husband and I loved these pork chops!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    Did you use fresh or dried bread crumbs in this recipe. Also, what type of fat did you saute the onion in, also was the onion sliced or diced. How much garlic did you use and where was the garlic incorporated in this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    Did you use fresh or dried bread crumbs in this recipe. What type of fat did you use to saute the onions in, also where they sliced onions or diced onions. How much garlic did you use in this recipe, where was it incorporated in this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::