Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pecan-Crusted Pork Medallions

I made this a few months ago and was anxious to try it again. The pork is so warm and toasty, and the breading is really great. This is also a super fast meal and was done in less than 20 minutes.

So...there were photos, until I decided not to pay attention to what I was doing and clicked "delete" instead of "copy" when I uploaded my photos. Oy! And I was doing so well! Le sigh. Maybe next time.

Pecan-Crusted Pork Medallions

3/4 lb to 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into one-inch slices
1 large egg
1/4 cup honey
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 T. vegetable oil

In a large bowl, mix egg and honey. Stir well. Add pork slices and toss to coat.

In a large Ziploc bag, mix together pecans, cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Close bag and shake till thoroughly mixed. Add pork slices; seal bag and shake to coat.

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook pork slices in oil for 6-10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on the outside

1 comment:

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::