Sunday, September 28, 2008

Autumn Pork Chops


I starred this in a cookbook we got for a wedding gift. I thought it looked and sounded delicious, but I was a tad skeptical. Overall, this was okay. I liked it, and this is a good weeknight meal. I made some changes, and I think next time I'll make a few more.

Autumn Pork Chops
(Adapted from Campbell's)

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 pork chops, 1/2" thick
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Celery soup
1/2 cup apple juice OR water
2 tbsp. spicy-brown mustard
1 tbsp. honey
Generous dash ground black pepper

Heat oil in skillet. Cook chops 10 min. or until browned. remove to platter.

Add soup, apple juice, mustard, honey and black pepper. Heat to a boil. Return chops to skillet. Cover and cook over low heat 10 min. or until chops are done.

Notes:
  • I liked the taste of honey in this dish, but next time I might add maple syrup instead.
  • I also added a tablespoon of thyme which helped take down the sweetness of the sauce.
  • If you don't like spicy brown mustard, you can use Dijon mustard over regular mustard. It's got a nice sweet and savory quality about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::