Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Toasted Pecans with Steamed Green Beans

The other day, I mentioned that I made these delicious toasted pecan green beans, but I neglected to blog about them. Ta da!!

These were so, so good and SO easy. I'm leaving measurements un-exact so you can adjust accordingly for your needs.

Green beans
Olive oil
1/2 or 1 cup pecans
Salt
Pepper

Toast pecans in small pan for no more than 5 minutes. Remove from heat when done.

Steam green beans for 5-6 minutes. Remove to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and top with pecans.

Notes:
  • See? So simple. It takes longer for the water to boil for the green beans to steam than it does to make this whole side.
  • If you've never toasted nuts before, fear not! I was so nervous the first time I tried to toast nuts, but you'll know when they're done. As soon as you smell that rich and delicious nutty smell, pull them off the heat and remove them to a warm or cool dish.
  • You could do this with any nut, really. Almonds would taste divine with the green beans, for example. Mmmm...so good.
  • I'm fanatical about my steamer and steaming vegetables, so I love that I've found another side to make with them. Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I love easy and quick recipes like this! Thanks Angie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::