Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kayte's Apple Blondies


To conclude my apple baking marathon, I decided to make some blondies I found on the cooking message board I frequent. Kayte's apple blondies are so good! They're the perfect blend of spicy and sweet, and they're incredibly soft and delicious. I will always make them when I've got baking apples!

Kayte topped hers with a brown sugar frosting, but based on her review I didn't use it on mine. It looked good, but I think it would have been to sugary with the frosting. You can find the link to Kayte's blog and the apple blondies & frosting here.

Apple Blondies

2/3 cup butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped peeled apples
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until thick and smooth, about 3 minutes.

Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture on low speed, mixing until blended.

Stir in apples, cinnamon and nuts, mixing well. Spread evenly in greased 9x13 pan. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees until set and golden, 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on rack.

Notes:
  • I didn't use nuts in mine, but I think these would be awesome with chopped walnuts. Next time I'm definitely using the chopped walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::