Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Untamed jealousy...


I want one of these. I want one of these so badly I can almost feel the heavy cast iron and cool enamel in my hands. I'm so jealous of everyone who has one of these gorgeous Dutch ovens. Jealous of everyone!!

At the time we registered for our wedding and showers, I thought we either didn't need one or wouldn't space for one, so we skipped it on the registry.We still don't have space for one, but I'd be willing to sacrifice a little space on my stove for this beauty. I've realized that my stock pot is trusty and handy-dandy, but it just doesn't do my pot roasts and stews justice. The Pioneer Woman is giving away one of these gorgeous little beauties, and I'm wishin' and a-hopin' she picks me, but I've got a feeling she won't since I entered the contest around comment 9,000 or so. Poop. It's on my Christmas list, but they're so stinkin' expensive! Maybe for my next big birthday?

I was watching an episode of The Cosby Show last week, and the Huxtables had a whole set of Le Creuset cast iron enamel cookware! Oh the jealousy!! No wonder they were always so happy to be cooking!

Until I get my Le Creuset Dutch oven, I'll stick with my stock pot. But I'm dreaming of the days when I can slowly simmer stews and make the most mouth-watering pot roasts you've ever seen in my precious cast-iron enameled beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::