Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to....Me!

I love my family. They're truly nurturing my interest and desire to cook and bake and fire up the kitchen. That's definitely reflected in all the super awesome Christmas gifts I recieved this year (a few days early). My mom and dad gave me The Flavor Bible, and I cannot wait to get home to crack into it! I've read a few sections already and it's so great; a definite must for anyone looking to shake up their cooking style. The chapter on flavor matching takes up more than half of the book! I can't wait to subject Graham to all kinds of new flavors and dishes in 2009. I feel my culinary creativity coming on already....

My mom and dad also gave me some Christmas/holiday cookie cutters! I can't wait to cut out some great shapes and learn how to make and use icing in 2009. Not pictured are some madeline pans. I found a great recipe for "Madeline Santas" last Christmas and I'm going to get myself some practice during the off-season so they're perfect for next Christmas.

My mother-in-law and father-in-law gave me some great gifts! Thanks to their generosity, I've got a tart pan, 3 springform pans in different sizes (cheesecakes, here I come!), and the Better Homes and Gardens Slow Cooker Cookbook! I've already bookmarked some recipes to try out in January.

My sister-in-law is the coolest. In addition to one of my favorite movies of 2008, she also gave me some sturdy Wilton cookie cutters in neat shapes. I really love the green square shape with the crinkle edges.

On Sunday at the family party, two of Graham's aunts and uncles gave us some awesome holiday serveware. We got some GREAT truffles and candies, as well as a snowflake plate, a really cute platter that says, "Cheers!" and some sparkly red spreaders to use for the holidays.

And now, two of my favorite gifts this year.....


Hello, baby...come here often? ;-) A food processer from mom and dad and a BB&B gift card from my hubby. I'm not going to get a chance to use it until 2009, but I've already got some ideas in mind for when I do get the chance to use it. I'm pumped about the food processor because I was looking at tart recipes on Sunday night and realized that I'd have to either buy a crust or find a way to make crusts without a food processor to pulse and make the dough. Now I can make both tarts AND crusts with two great gifts.
I'm so thankful for everyone's generosity, and I can't wait to get started using my new gifts!
This is the last update from me until January 3rd or 4th. Graham and I will be in Hawaii for a wedding and a belated tropical honeymoon. I think my first post when I get back will cover all the awesome seafood we had on our trip. Mmmm...I can already taste the mahi mahi....
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year, etc...have a wonderful holiday season, and I'll see you all in 2009!

1 comment:

  1. What great gifts! Enjoy all of them - especially the Flavor Bible. Awesome book!! Have a safe trip and enjoy the Hawaiian sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::