Friday, February 20, 2009

Belated Valentine's Day and attention whoring my hubby



Graham and I aren't really pro- or anti-Valentine's Day, but we're not huge celebraters, either. Our typical plans involve dinner somewhere and a movie because we so rarely go OUT. This year, I had 'big plans' to make brownies as dessert since we had planned to have dinner in this year. Yeah...not so much. I woke up on Saturday with a ginormous headache, 102 degree fever, sore throat, and desire to either clutch the toilet for dear life or spend the day in bed. Valentine's Day was a complete bust.

Graham was fantastic all day. He took the phone and our cell phones out of the bedroom so I could rest without being woken up, he brought me juice and asprin, picked up movies for us, and even took care of the grocery shopping! He hates grocery shopping more than just about anything else in the world, too.

All in all, it was a pretty decent Valentine's Day once I was feeling well enough to climb out of bed and change my clothes. Graham even had flowers sent to me and he brought them into the bedroom so I could enjoy them during the times I was awake.

I'm still not completely illness-free....whatever the hell this is has been hanging on tight all week. But I felt well enough today to come through on my promise to make brownies. So Happy Belated Valentine's, dear. It's been 8 great Valentine celebrations, and here's hoping for many more! ::clinks glass:: ::smooches::

2 comments:

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::