Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bruschetta Chicken & Roasted Vegetables



So, once upon a time I made a Bruschetta Chicken from the makers of all things Kraft. I liked it okay, so I made my own recipe, posted, shared with friends, and bam! It's a hit with just about everyone I know. It's probably the one recipe that gets me compliments. I should probably start making it for guests just so I can have my ego stroked.

I usually make this on my grill pan, but tonight I decided to make it in the oven with some roasted vegetables and it came out great. Graham "mmm'ed the whole way through dinner, and I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Bruschetta Chicken-Oven Style

3/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 T. dried oregano
1 T. dried rosemary
1 T. dried basil
1 T. garlic powder
salt
pepper
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tomato, diced
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
fresh basil for garnish

Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a plastic bag, mix together olive oil, vinegar, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and rosemary. Add chicken, turning bag to coat. Place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.

Heat oven to 350 F. Place chicken on a greased baking sheet and brush with extra marinade. Roast chicken for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.

Mix together tomato, mozzarella, and basil. Top with tomato mixture right after removing from oven.

Notes:
  • The chicken falls apart on your fork. It's deeeeelicious! Marinating it for an hour or more is totally worth it in the end.
  • I have no patience, so my 'diced' tomatoes are roughly chopped and tossed on top of the chicken. I think Giada calls that 'rustic looking'. I call it sloppy, but I also don't really care how it looks when it's just hubby and I for dinner.
  • Don't be alarmed if the balsamic vinegar mix starts to caramelize and brown in the oven. It's supposed to do that!
  • Fresh herbs would be really great in this, but I haven't planted my herb garden yet since it's still 30 something degrees in Chicago. But soon....yes....soon....

3 comments:

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::