Sunday, February 22, 2009

Menu for the Week: 2/22-2/28

It's been a crazy week with me being sick and having to put our weekend plans on hold. Today I attended a baby shower for a friend, so there isn't a new recipe for today, but there are a number of new recipes in store for this week.

This week has a few wonky days: Fat Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, and a Lenten Friday. Woo! Last year I had a hell of a time trying to come up with meatless meals for Lent. Graham and I both have foods we don't like and won't eat (and his list is longer than mine), plus we're making Lenten sacrifices and are each giving up something (though neither of us have figured that out yet, so we should probably figure that out before next week). That makes planning meals impossible because I've got to factor in sacrifices in addition to things we don't like. Last year that left us with about 4 options for meatless meals and 6 meatless Fridays. Not cool. I'm hoping to avoid that this year and I've got a number of ideas in mind already, but we'll see what happens. :-) I've found some great meatless and pescaterian blogs and recipes, therefore I'm hoping we'll avoid this discussion:

Me: "Honey, what do you want for dinner tonight?"
Him: "I dunno, what do you want?"
Me: "I dunno, what do you feel like?"
Him: "I dunno, what do you want?"

And do on. So, shall we?

Monday: English Shepherd's Pie with green salads
Tuesday: Fat Tuesday! Coffee Roast Beef with baked potatoes and salads
Wednesday: Ash Wednesday! Shrimp scampi with linguine
Thursday: Chicken Pot Pie & Crash hot potatoes
Friday: Baked Tilapia with salad and rice
Saturday: Hungarian Beef Stew with salads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::