Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops



I made these a number of times between the spring and summer so I put them on the back burner in favor of more seasonal favorites. I was looking through some of my saved recipes and remembered how much we liked it. I always like cooking our favorites over new meals; I feel like I'm having dinner with an old friend. And then chowing down on their brainz. (I'm a creep zombie.)

Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops
(adapted from Giada di Laurentiis)

4 center cut pork loin chops (10-12 ounces each)
1 large egg
3/4 c. Italian-style bread crumbs
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
3 T. olive oil
1 T. lemon juice

Whisk egg in a shallow bowl or plate with higher sides. Place bread crumbs in one shallow dish and cheese in another. Season chops with salt and pepper.

Coat the pork chops with cheese on both sides. Dip pork chops into egg and then bread crumbs. Coat the pork chops completely.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Off the heat, and the lemon juice and swirl in with olive oil.

Add pork chops and cook until golden-brown on each side, cooking 5 to 6 minutes on each side.

Notes:
  • I added the lemon juice to the olive oil. Giada suggests serving with lemon wedges and they taste great with a squeeze of lemon, but infusing the oil with a little lemon adds a nice little zip.
  • These turn out nice and juicy every time. The cook time doesn't seem like very much, but it's just enough to work a little magic.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really hoping you're planning on doing a post on that tasty mac n cheese you have on your menu for Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::