Saturday, April 25, 2009

I am tarting.


See? Tarting. Just like I said. Pretty perfect for a day like today when it's raining and warm in Chicago.

I received a tart pan for Christmas from my in-laws and I wanted to try it out right away, but being a virgin to the tarting arts, I didn't know where to begin. I kept falling in love with fruit tarts, but the cost of fruit in December and January kept scaring me away. Have you ever eaten a strawberry in Chicago in January? Ew. The summer fruit that's available isn't good quality and I didn't want to serve anything disgusting. I decided to wait until spring/summer to give my tart pan the attention it deserved.

So far, I've made the crust (as you can see) and the custard. I've got to get my strawberries halved and my jam topping all melty, but I'll do that tomorrow. I'm taking my tart to my parents for dinner, so I'll post the full recipe tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great and a nice way to break in the new tart pan! Can't wait to see final pics! :)

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::