Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon


Holy Yumness. I'm a genius.

I swear some day I'll stop saying this, but I ordered frozen salmon fillets from Market Day intending to serve them during Lent. But like everything else...I never got around to it. In the interest of freeing up a little more freezer space, I decided to use some of the salmon and just play with it.

This was fantastic. I loved it. It was crispy and flavorful and pretty damn good.

Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon
(Angie original)

2 salmon fillets, 1/2 lb. total
Salt and pepper
4 T. mayonnaise
2 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 c. grated garmesan cheese, divided
1/2 c. plain breadcrumbs

Heat oven to 350 F. LIGHTLY season fillets with salt and pepper on one side only. Spread mayo on seasoned side, 2 T. per fillet.

Season with lemon-pepper and garlic powder, 1 tsp. per fillet. Top with parmesan cheese, followed by breadcrumbs.

Bake at 350 F. for 20 minutes, or until fish reads 140 F. on an instant read thermometer. Crust should be light brown and crispy. If not, place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes but no longer.
Notes:
  • I felt the breadcrumbs were perfectly crisp and browned. Next timeI might toast the breadcrumbs before spreading on top of the salmon. I could also broil the fillets slightly, but I was happy with the results without the broiler.
  • As you can see, I served this over rice, and they paired beautifully.
  • If you only have light mayo, that's fine, but it might be too runny for this meal. Play it by sight and if you need more, spread on a bit more.
  • I had lemon-pepper seasoning, but regular pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice would probably work just as well.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm I love love salmon and this looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::