Friday, May 1, 2009

Grilled Herb Shrimp


Right before Lent I bought a few pounds of frozen shrimp but didn't use them during the season. In the interest of freeing up a few more inches of space from my freezer I decided to end April by cooking up some shrimp, but in a different way than I had previously cooked them.

This recipe is adapted from Ina Garten, and I was drawn to it by its simplicity and creativity. I served the shrimp over spaghetti, but almost any pasta would do.

Grilled Herb Shrimp
(Adapted from Ina Garten)

1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 c. minced fresh parsley
1/4 c. minced fresh basil
3 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. EVOO
1 lemon, juiced

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Marinate at room temperature for no more than one hour.

When ready to grill, heat grill to medium. Brush grates or pan lightly with oil to prevent shrimp from sticking. Grill shrimp for 1 minute, 30 seconds, flip, and grill for 1 minute, 30 seconds. Serve immediately.

Notes:
  • The shrimp will pink up really fast. I'll take them off after a minute or so next time just to keep them from being overdone.
  • I might also add a little oregano next time. These were super flavorful, but I felt like they were missing just a little something.
  • These would be great as an appetizer for a party, just leave the tails on and prepare a simple butter sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::