Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Quick Chicken Tenders


A few weeks ago I got a craving for Culver's-style chicken tenders. I really wanted some and they'd been on my mind, so I picked up a package over the weekend when I did my grocery shopping. I came up with this recipe after reading a number of recipes online. I'm not totally satisfied with it, but this is a damn good start if I do say so myself.

Quick Chicken Tenders
(Angie original)

2 lbs. chicken tenders
Salt and pepper
1 c. grated parmesan cheese
3 T. chopped fresh parsley
2 T. dried Italian seasonings (or chopped fresh oregano)
1 T. paprika
4 T. butter

Heat oven to 400 F. Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Combine parmesan cheese, parsley, Italian seasonings, and paprika. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Line a shallow pan with aluminum foil.

Melt butter over low heat. Brown chicken tenders in butter, about 30 seconds per side. Roll tenders in dry seasoning mixture and lay on aluminum lined sheet.

Bake about 20 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 170 F.

Notes:
  • These are really tender and really delicious. The paprika made them a bit spicy, but if you omit the paprkia you can make them Italian-style with some parsley, basil, and oregano.
  • This meal comes together really fast. These are perfect for a quick dinner or for Game Day. Prep took maybe 10 minutes total.
  • This was the first time I made this meal, and it was a hit. My sister-in-law visited for dinner, and both she and Graham really enjoyed it.
  • These weren't quite as crispy as I wanted, which was slightly disappointing given that they looked crispy before they even went in the oven. I might try these with Italian-style bread crumbs next time, just to give them a little more crunch. I would also suggest cooking them on a cooling rack to allow air to circulate around them and crisp them up a bit more.
  • All the flavors really blended nicely and these were quite delicious. I think that once they're crispier they'll be just perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm - you can't go wrong with italian seasoned chicken tenders!

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::