Saturday, May 16, 2009

Roasted Red Potatoes



I love me a roasted potatoes. I also love quick and delicious sides. I wanted to serve potatoes alongside my skewered beef earlier this week, but I wanted to do something other than baked potatoes. I perused a few recipes in my cookbooks and created this. It's quick, delicious, and a really great side for meat dishes.

Roasted Red Potatoes
(Angie original)

5 medium red potatoes
1/2 stick butter, sliced into thin pats
3 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
1 tsp. White pepper
2 T. Thinly chopped chives
2 T. Finely diced parsley

Heat oven to 350 F. Chop potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks. Place chopped potatoes into a lightly greased baking dish.

Place thin-sliced pats of butter over potatoes, season with salt, pepper, chives, and parsley. Roast for 50 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender, stirring every 15-20 minutes to coat with butter and seasonings. Test for doneness and seasonings, season if necessary, and serve.

Notes:
  • Almost any herbs will work here. Next time I'll probably use rosemary and oregano just to change it up and jazz up some flavor. As long as they're fresh or not dusty tasting, you're golden.
  • I'm slowly turning into PW as I'm now using Lawry's Seasoned Salt on everything. Regular salt would work just fine.
  • I picked up white pepper and chose to use that over regular pepper. I like it in that it tastes like black better, but is lighter in color. It's actually more gray than white. It was great in flavoring the potatoes and not overpowering or making the potatoes look burned.
  • Don't be afraid to salt the potatoes. They need it. Just taste as you go along and test for doneness.

1 comment:

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::