Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Grecian Pork Tenderloin


This is, as of now, my favorite way to prepare a pork tenderloin. It's simple and the flavors really shine through. I love the simple marinade and it's a great entree to pop in the oven and work on your sides. I served this with my favorite side evah: risotto.

Grecian Pork Tenderloin

2 1 lb. pork tenderloins
1 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
3/4 c. olive oil
Salt and pepper
5 T. dried oregano

In a large resealable plastic bag (or 2, if you're using two tenderloins), combine lemon juice, olive oil, and oregano. Season tenderloins with salt and pepper. Place tenderloins in bags and shake and turn bags to coat tenderloins with marinade. Place bags in the fridge and let tenderloins marinate for at least 2 hours.

Heat oven to 350 F. Place tenderloins in a lightly greased baking dish. Pour marinade over tenderloins. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, or until tenderloins are done and juices run clear.

Notes:
  • This is great with a simple rice pilaf or risotto.
  • As you can see, I've taken to photographing our food by the window since the kitchen doesn't get enough light. It works, I suppose.
  • You can use fresh oregano as well, I just use dried since my fresh stuff hasn't grown enough yet.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love how simple this is -- very often the best way to do it. Definitely going to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::