Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Introducing...Read It & Eat It!

I'm combining my love of food and books!

[Image will go here...when I get it]

This month, we're tackling food from the book's point of view! Fellow book nerds and foodies and food bloggers are welcome to join me in this event where we'll read a book and blog recipes and meals that relate to the book.

This month, we're reading Maya Angelou's autobiography I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings.

Since Angelou's life through the book is lived in the southern United States, participants are welcome to blog about southern food. Have you always wanted to try some authentic southern fried chicken? Here's your chance! Does "soul food" conjure up memories of Sunday dinners with the family? Read the book, and share your recipe with us!

All recipes must be online by 12:00 a.m. June 26th! The roundup will be posted that evening. To participate:

1. Read the book! It's a classic you can find in any local library.
2. Make yourself some food inspired by the book!
3. In your blog post, include a link back to my blog: cookingwithfrazzoo.blogspot.com. Don't forget to take a picture!
4. Finally, either via the comment section of my blog or via email tell me a little about yourself!
-Your name (First names will only be published, no worries.)
-Your location.
-The title of your food blog.
-How long you've been food blogging.
-And please include a link back to your blog post for this event (so I can link to your blog in the roundup).
-Don't worry about a photo; I'll just snag the photo from your blog when I get your email.

NON-BLOGGERS: You're welcome to participate, too! Shoot me an email with...
-A short write-up about you including your name.
-The recipe and where it comes from.
-A photo of your food.

Questions? Email me here: afrazzini@gmail.com

I'm so looking forward to the conclusion of this event! Let's get it started!

2 comments:

  1. I won't be able to read the book. (Life w/ 2 small kids just won't let me.) But, I have an awesome recipe for corn bread. (That's southern, isn't it?) Let me know if you'd like me to email it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you would be interested in this: http://workathomemomrevolution.blogspot.com/2009/06/work-at-home-freelance-recipe-writer.html

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::