Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I've got these....



And these...




And these...



But THESE...



...are what I'm really excited about. My friend Liz came to visit me all the way from Honolulu, and the only request I had was for the most delicious Hershey's Kisses on the planet. They've got macadamia nuts, for crying out loud! I have pretty much eaten through our entire bag from Hawaii, and I've been rationing them.

I jokingly told Liz to bring me a pineapple since I had a spiritual experience with them in Hawaii. Before, I always thought a pineapple was a pineapple was a pineapple, but OH MY GOD they're amazing in Hawaii. AMAZING. It was so fresh and juicy...I felt like every piece of pineapple I'd ever eaten in my life had been a lie. When Liz texted me and told me she'd gotten my pineapple through airport security and onto the plane, I swooned and screamed and started drooling. I couldn't wait to taste the Fruit of the Gods.

So here's my question...

What can I do with these? Graham suggested a fruit salad, but it seems like a shame to do that to one of these.

I'm thinking a bread or a cake...but I'll take any suggestions you've got! Right now I'm just eying my pineapples and sniffing them and enjoying the best smell in the world.

2 comments:

  1. i would just eat some plain, for sure. But with some of it, what about a pineapple upside down cake? My most favorite cake ever. Made in a big ol' cast iron skillet it's to DIE for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were you I'd cut one up to snack on, and make cake with the other.

    I can't wait to hear how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::