Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baked Lemon Pasta



The Pioneer Woman featured this recipe on her blog back in May. I was intrigued, but I didn't try it for a long time because Graham doesn't really like lemon or creamy pasta. I figured "Why bother?" However, I'm so glad I did! I loved this, and I'll be making it again (though only for girls night). Graham didn't love it, but again, he has issues with creams and lemon so his distaste for this meal wasn't a surprise.

I can't wait to make it again!

Baked Lemon Pasta
(Adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks)

1 lb. string pasta (I used spaghetti, but linguine would also work quite well.)
4 T. butter
4 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon
2 c. sour cream
Salt & pepper
Parmesan cheese, grated
3 T. chopped flat leaf parsley

Prepare pasta as directed on package. Drain.

Heat oven to 375 F. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter together over low heat. Meanwhile, zest the lemon and set aside.

When butter is completely melted, add garlic to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Chop lemon in half and squeeze juice from both halves into butter-oil mixture. Heat together for 1 minute. Add sour cream to skillet and stir until smooth. Add lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste.

Add cooked pasta to skillet and stir all together. Pour mixture into a 2 or 3 quart casserole dish. Bake covered for 10 minutes and uncovered for an additional 5. Remove from oven and top with grated parm (to taste) and parsley.

Notes:
  • This is great for a late spring lunch or supper. I was afraid that it would be too warm for August, but thankfully we had a cool day and it was perfect!
  • The one change I'd make would be to use a creamier sauce. That was the one thing that just didn't completely work for me.
  • If you like more lemon you can definitely squeeze in some more juice or zest, but this was perfect for both of us (which is really rare!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::