Sunday, August 30, 2009

Menu for the Week: August 30th--September 5th, 2009

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand, we welcome September! I can't believe that the unofficial start of autumn has finally arrived. Autumn is my absolute favorite season of the whole year, and I can't wait to start making some of my favorite comfort foods! Last year I kicked off autumn's first unofficial week with some amazing foods, but it was way too hot for all the cooking I did, so I'm going to wait a few more weeks before I make some of my favorites again, just to be sure it's not 135 degrees in here with the oven on.

I started work again last week, so I once again have to retrain my body and my mind to save some of the more intensive meals for the weekends. I've also been "promoted" and I'm working Fridays for the first time since 2007, so my pot roasts, etc. have to wait for Saturdays and Sundays.

But for this week, because I'm still figuring out balancing work and home (again), the menu for the week is as follows:

Sunday: Leftovers
Monday: Lemon Thyme Chicken with roasted red potatoes & green beans
Tuesday: End of Summer Vegetable soup with a spicy sausage
Wednesday: Steak & potatoes
Thursday: Lemony Pork & Vegetables
Friday: Chicken & vegetables with crushed potatoes
Saturday: TBA?

2 comments:

  1. OMG - I love your new blog look! Looks like a great week of meals too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I am currently conducting a research. I am in the process of writing a book for young people in their twenties. My goal is to explain how I found happiness and changed my whole life in less than 8 months. The book will be full of life lessons, exercises, tricks, testimonials and books reviews. I do really hope it will help high school and college students to find themselves and lead their lives with happiness and passion.

    Because I think there's a lot of people out there who are great inspiration, I'd like to require your help. I would like you to take just a few minutes to share your own experiences. It can be by telling me the big lessons your learnt, the things you wish you knew when you were younger, your little tricks to overcome sadness, fear, or negative thoughts, the day you decided to change your life and actually did it, something people told you once and that definitely influenced you….etc. anything you feel might help other people. And please, spread the message and my email address to your friends and family. The more we are, the best it will be.


    Thank you for everything in advance! If you have any question, please let me know. I believe in you guys and everything you can do to help one another.


    There is an article on my blog and you can leave your story here or send me an email at valeriemerut@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::