Saturday, August 22, 2009

Please pray.

I normally keep things like this off my recipe blog, but please keep Brooke and Joe in your prayers. After years of infertlity they were blessed with 3 IVF miracles. Unfortunately their triplets were born early (before 26 weeks) and have been in the NICU since their birthday 8 weeks ago. They've been steadily progressing, though any parent who has been in the NICU knows that each day is a struggle.

Sadly, Brooke and Joe's daughter Annaleigh contracted a rare illness yesterday that effectively destroyed her bowels and digestive system. Annaleigh passed away at 4:30 this afternoon after 8 weeks here on earth.

You can read about their journey here. Brooke and Joe and their daughter Lily and son Charlie need all the prayers and love you can give. I can't imagine the pain they're going through. My heart breaks for them. Prayer is a powerful tool, and while it couldn't heal Annaleigh, it can help ease the darkest hours of Brooke and Joe's lives.

1 comment:

  1. This is so heartbreaking. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::