Sunday, January 31, 2010

Menu for the Week: January 31st, February 6th, 2010

This last week was interesting. I didn't go grocery shopping and instead created some meals based on what we had in the cupboard. And then, there was the jar of pasta warmed up and some tri-color rotini because I was feeling lazy. Whatevs.

This week is a busy one for me at work. It's Catholic Schools Week, so there's an event or theme for each day, and they're usually held in the afternoon, so the kids are a little bonkers by the end of the week. Thankfully, it's like Christmas and it comes but once a year!

I'm making a more conscious effort to serve healthy sides and more vegetables with our dinners now. I make a ton of one-pot meals, which are great for the sake of convienience and putting everything together, but I realize that I rely on those a little too much and I'll forget or not plan well enough to get a vegetable and/or starch on the table with dinner. This week is the beginning of my kitchen resolution and dammit, I'm going to stick with it!

So, without further ado...

Sunday: Leftovers
Monday: Herb-rubbed chicken with creamy orzo and salad
Tuesday: Beer cooked pot roast with baked corn and whipped carrots and parsnips
Wednesday: Cassoulet with salad and roasted vegetables
Thursday: Pan-seared chicken breasts with steamed green beans and pasta
Friday: Meatball stuffing casserole with salad
Saturday: Kid sister's birthday dinner at Rock Bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::