Apparently, someone with plenty of readers but no comments came up with such a "holiday", and no, it wasn't me!
My site tracker tells me that way more than just my mom and friends read this thing. Please come out of hiding to say hello! I'd love to "meet" some of you. And if it makes you feel any better, you can ask me questions--the randomer, the better! I'm not shy.
To better introduce my random self to some of you, here are a few random facts about me, presented in no particular order:
1. I have so many cute pairs of socks, but I really can't stand wearing socks for any length of time. I'm always aware that my feet are hotter than normal. I'd rather be in flip flops.
2. Cooking bacon is pretty much my least favorite cooking activity, second only to dishwashing.
3. I can't sew or knit or crochet or darn a sock or even sew a button, but I make a mean chocolate cake!
4. It's been a longtime goal to learn how to ice skate (I used to dream of being Kristi Yamaguchi), and I'm hoping to take some lessons starting next month.
5. I'm a lifelong Chicagoan, and I love to travel and visit other places, but I don't ever want to leave the city and find another place to live.
6. I still have dreams about the parmesan shrimp I had at Kimo's in Maui. It was so, so delicious.
7. I love to sing. I find myself singing all the time, but I have terrible stage fright!
8. I can't wait to start some home renovating projects this spring. I'm counting down the days till March!
9. Grapes and pineapples are my favorite fruits.
10. I will stop whatever I am doing to watch a John Hughes movie.
11. The Chicago White Sox are by far the most amazing team in professional baseball today. It's okay to disagree with me....not every team can live up to such superiority. ;-)
12. I have a pretty good sense of humor, but I don't think anything is funnier than watching someone get hit in the head unexpectedly. Trust me.
13. We are planning a trip to Ireland for the spring of next year. Ireland 2011, here I come!
14. If I can convince Graham to go to London, Paris, or Rome while we're in Europe...why not?
15. My new favorite artist is Lady Gaga.
16. I want to be a librarian when I grow up!
17. Living Single is one of my favorite television shows. Vintage Latifa? Yes please!
18. I have never been to the Pacific Northwest, but I've traveled to every other region in the country.
19. Aside from Ireland, if I could get on a plane right now and fly anywhere in the world, I'd have a hard time choosing between India and Japan.
20. I can't start my day until I've had my coffee, brushed my teeth, and checked up on my favorite blogs.
21. In the spring, we're going to adopt a cat or two. Definitely one, but hubby is still on the fence about #2.
22. We will adopt a dog sometime in the near future. I'd hope for sooner, but we have to get a gate put up to completely fence in our yard, first. Graham doesn't want to adopt a dog if our yard isn't completely fenced in (and I agree). HOWEVER, I'm hoping that we can make it a reality sooner rather than later. Since we're new to the neighborhood, a dog would help us meet some of our neighbors--especially if we're going to be out walking it and exploring the area once all the snow melts.
23. I can't wait to throw our first party in our new home!
24. As soon as the Christmas holidays are over, I start looking forward to summer. Now that we have a backyard and a grill, I see margarita parties in my future.
25. I probably spend a little too much time with my Facebook farms. It's my secret shame. :-)