Monday, February 15, 2010

This baking business is not for the weary, that's for sure!

I've been hard at work all afternoon working on my very first King Cake! One of my teachers used to bring one for us every year in elementary school. She'd make one by hand for her homeroom, then buy one for all the other classes in school. She was hardcore! Ever since, I always like to get me a little King Cake around Fat Tuesday, but they're hard to come by up here, and they're pretty labor intensive as it is.

This year I decided that come hell or high water, I was going to make myself a King Cake. So far, so good, despite all the flour that's spilled on my countertops. I'm on hour #2 of waiting for my dough to rise (two different shifts), so once that's done, it bakes for 30 minutes and I start praying that it's cooked and that it's good! I'm taking it to work tomorrow, so it had better be darn good!

1 comment:

  1. Making me Google this one too, huh? I didn't know what a King Cake was...

    :::runs in a corner and hides:::

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::