Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Salad with Blueberries & Walnuts


I'm not quite sure what to call this salad, because "Spring Salad with Blueberries & Walnuts" sounds too plain, but "HOLY DELCIOUSNESS" seems a bit much, doncha think?


I'm not one to make salads for dinner. I'd like to be, but I'm just so bad at it. It seems I'm always polishing up my main course and sides and then saying, "Oh CRAP! Salads!" Then Graham ends up making them, even though it's a chore he loathes. Then, I feel like a bad wife and human being. Honestly, it's just lettuce. What'ts the hold up, Angie?

That being said, whenever I go out somewhere, I'm a sucker for a good salad. I love tasting the delicious combinations thrown together in restaurant kitchens and even more than that, I love picturing myself throwing together the exact same salad. Unfortunately, I never seem to get beyond the "picturing" phase of the process. Oy vey.

I found a similar salad on TastyKitchen.com, and I then spent a good hour searching for other springtime salads with fresh ingredients and other ideas. It was heavenly! And this salad is pretty heavenly, might I add. It's also suuuuuuuuuuper simple, so even kitchen-phobic types can throw this together and it'll work out. There's absolutely no work required, just the ability to mix.

Spring Salad with Blueberries & Walnuts
(Frazzoo original)

1 bag mixed greens/spring greens, washed and pat dry
1 pint blueberries
A few handfuls Feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

After greens have been rinsed and cleaned, place in salad bowl or on serving plate. Top with blueberries, cheese, and walnuts. Serve with a favorite vinaigrette or just as is. Deeeelish.

Notes:
  • Nada! Too easy, right? You can do it--YES, YOU CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::