Thursday, February 2, 2012

Corned Beef Melt


This is not a pretty picture. But it is a delicious sandwich. I consider myself a connoisseur of melt sandwiches. In college, my friends and I ended up at Steak n' Shake for nearly every conceivable occasion. Birthdays, finals, Monday nights--we were there. And each time, I ordered a melt and a shake. I have, my friends, eaten a lot of melt sandwiches.

When I saw this recipe, I was intrigued. When I ate this sandwich, I was extraordinarily pleased. This is a really, really delicious sandwich. It really holds its own against the classic Reuben. It's easy to piece together, and it's a great way to use leftovers after St. Patrick's Day (if you have any).

Corned Beef Melt
(Adapted from Dax)(No blog, but can be found on TastyKitchen)

4 slices hearty rye bread
2 T. unsalted butter
1 T. Dijon mustard
2 slices Provolone
6 slices cooked corned beef

Heat your griddle or panini press to high. Build your sandwiches from the bottom up. Brush one side of your bread with butter. Place buttered side down on panini press. Spread other side of bread with a very (very) think layer of Dijon mustard. Layer bread with corned beef. Place cheese on top. Brush other slice of bread with Dijon mustard. Top sandwich with remaining slice of bread, and brush that slice with butter.

Repeat with other ingredients.

Press down on panini press to introduce your ingredients to one another. Cook no more than 5 minutes, or until cheese is nice and melty.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::