Monday, July 23, 2012

Caesar Strip Steaks


I'm one of those people who loves summer. Springtime in Chicago is heaven, fall is pretty great, and winter sucks, but summertime? Summertime in Chicago is fantastic. I don't care how hot and humid it is, I don't care how much I complain about the heat, nor do I care how sunburned I get. I love summer in the city and everything that comes with it. And what comes with it, you ask? Grilling!

We're big grillers. We grill out pretty much every night during the summer, and we've most anything that can possibly be grilled, and we like it that way. Graham's favorite thing to grill, without question, is steak. These steaks have become one of our go-to meals during the summer. They're great for a weeknight meal but feel special enough for company. This meal comes together quickly, and you only need to accompany it with a few simple sides to have a complete meal. (Obviously, I have four different sides going on here, but that's because on Sundays, I like to make a big meal to fortify my family for the week.)

I love these steaks, and I'm looking forward to seeing them on my plate a few more times before the end of the summer.

Caesar Strip Steaks
(Adapted from Taste of Home)

4 T. creamy Caesar salad dressing (don't use lite dressing)
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
4 boneless strip steaks

In a small bowl, mix together the dressing, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.

Concerning your steaks, pat dry with a paper towel on both sides. Spread dressing mixture over both sides of the steak. Reserve remaining dressing.

Grill, covered, over medium heat until desired doneness is reached. Let steaks rest approximately 10 mins. before serving, and serve with remaining dressing mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::