Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Second Simple Raspberry Sauce

My red, white, and blueberry Independence Day dessert
A few years ago, I posted a simple raspberry sauce that asked for just four ingredients and came together so quickly that even I, Queen of the Impossible Screw Up, could master it. I haven't made it in a while, and I couldn't very well make homemade ice cream, twice, and not make myself at least one topping. Flipping through my ice cream Bible, I came across this recipe. Again, it asks just four ingredients and is quite simple. It asks for fresh ingredients, and after just a few seconds in the food processor, it's done. Easy peasy.

I'm a sucker for easy stuff like this, and if I can do it, so can you. Give it a try today! Even though National Ice Cream Month is over, you can still enjoy what summer has to offer.

Smooth Raspberry Sauce
(Adapted from The Perfect Scoop)

2 c. fresh raspberries
2 T. sugar
1/4 c. water
Squeeze lemon juice

In a blender, mix together the raspberries, sugar, and water. Puree until smooth.

Set a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl, and pour the mixture through the strainer, pressing to remove any seeds. Squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice and mix together. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

Notes:

  • See? Easy peasy!
  • The sauce is very bright and intense. I loved it, but my tastes are not necessarily your tastes. Start sparingly, and work your way up until you find an amount that works for you.
  • This went great with both the vanilla and chocolate ice creams I made, but it would be perfect with plenty of different flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::