Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tilapia with Roasted Grapes


A few weeks ago, I was sharing a cup of grapes with my daughter and I held up a small bunch and thought to myself, "I wonder how well these would roast. What what would I pair them with? Would it even be a good idea?" The next day, as I was grocery shopping and stopped at the fish counter, I saw a stack of free recipe cards with this recipe. Like a light from the recipe gods, I took it as a sign. I mean, how could I not? I quickly changed up my menu so I could make this ASAP.

I love trying new meals and being a little adventurous. Unfortunately for me, I'm the only one in this house who likes it. Regardless, I really loved this meal. The fish was fresh and flavorful, and I really loved the grapes. They roasted beautifully and their natural sweetness mellowed and became really rich and wonderful. In fact, I loved the grapes so much that next time, I'd make double the amount. While neither Graham or Hannah were wild about the grapes, they both really enjoyed the fish. The orange juice and zest paired nicely with the fish and the rosemary. This will definitely be making its way into our weekly rotation!

Tilapia with Roasted Grapes
(Adapted from Albertson's-Integrated Marketing Services)

Olive oil
4 4-oz. tilapia fillets
Salt and pepper
1 c. red grapes, seedless, halved
1/4 c. orange juice
4 tsp. orange zest
1 tsp. rosemary leaves

Heat oven to 350* F. Cut four large pieces of foil and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Place one fillet on the center of each piece of foil, season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide grapes evenly among each of the four pieces of foil and top the fillets. Drizzle each fillet with 1 T. orange juice, a little more if you prefer. Top each with 1/4 tsp. orange zest and 1/4 tsp. rosemary.

Fold up the foil and seal. Bake for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from oven and open slowly (not directly under your face.) Serve with rice and green vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::