Monday, October 1, 2012

Creamy Shallots


My husband loves to eat beef. He could eat steak, specifically, everyday. No matter what I do, he prefers it "plain". He likes it seasoned well, sans steak sauce, butter, and pretty much any other topping or side you could think up. It works for him, but it gets boring for me. I need to find ways to keep it exciting and interesting, and when I see sides like this one? Instant interest.

Let me tell you, I was a little skeptical. I wasn't sure how I'd like these. Surprisingly, the whole combination works really well, and no one flavor overpowers the others. The shallots would work well on both steak, chicken, and even sandwiches. You can count on me to test them all and report back.

Creamy Shallots
(Adapted from Everyday Food)

1 T. olive oil
1 1/2 c. sliced shallots
1/3 c. heavy cream
1 T. Dijon mustard

In a medium skillet, heat olive oil. Add the shallots, and saute until they're translucent, 5-7 minutes. When the shallots are soft, stir in the cream and Dion mustard. Cook no more than 5 minutes, until cream has reduced. Serve warm, atop your favorite meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::