Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Key West Chicken Kebabs


I've seen this meal floating around on Pinterest, and it finally started popping up on my favorite food blogs. Like any follower, I figured that it couldn't hurt to try it out since everyone was raving about it. We liked these, and they were a nice way to end the summer. (Weep.) The good thing is that with every day that passes, we're one day closer to summer, and now they're already in my arsenal for next summer. Score!

Key West Grilled Chicken Kebabs
(Adapted from Grocery Budget 101 and So Tasty, So Yummy)

3 T. soy sauce
2 T. honey (I ran out, so I used agave)
1 T. vegetable oil
1 lime, juiced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb. chicken breasts, cubed
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped

In a plastic bag, mix the soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Mix well, then add chicken. Marinate in the fridge 4 hours, more if possible. (I live by all day marinating.)

When ready to cook, thread the chicken and peppers on bamboo skewers that have been soaked at least 20 minutes. Grill 5-7 minutes per side.

Notes:

  • I always have honey in the cabinet, so of course, when I opened the cabinet, I was out. I did have agave nectar, and that worked well, if not better. 
  • I served this over garlic rice pilaf, and the three of us were all happy with the way this meal turned out. (You know it's a win when the kiddo eats it and wants more.)

1 comment:

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::