Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce


My love affair with pasta continues! Maybe I told this story before, but a few years ago, I housesat and dogsat for one of my college professors. It was the first time I was truly on my own for meals, and I ate a lot of pasta. I had fun testing out new recipes, and one day as I was cooking she comes into the kitchen and asks, "Don't you ever get tired of pasta?"

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! It's been nearly 10 years, and I still can't wrap my mind around it. How could anyone ever get tired of eating pasta?

This one is pretty good. I was on my own for dinner that night, so I made a total indulgence meal. Next time, I'd probably deviate from this pesto and make one a little spicier, but that's just a personal preference.

Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce
(Adapted from The Pioneer Woman)

1/4 fresh basil leaves
1 c. grated parmesan cheese
3 T. pine nuts
2 garlic cloves, peeled
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 c. EVOO
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 T. butter
1 lb. pasta
4 roma tomatoes, diced

Start by cooking your pasta according to the package directions.

To make your pesto, add the basil, 1/2 c. parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic cloves, and salt and pepper to a food processor. Turn on the machine and slowly pour in the olive oil. Mix well, and set aside.

In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream and butter. When butter is melted, pour pesto into the pot. Stir together and let it simmer for a few minutes. Pour in the remaining parmesan cheese and stir together.

Drain pasta and pour over pesto sauce. Mix well, then add diced tomatoes and mix it all together. Serve with extra parmesan cheese if you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::