Friday, November 30, 2012

Creamy Parmesan Mushrooms


Phew! It has been a crazy few weeks for me. I've been nearly overwhelmed between work and home. I haven't actually sat down to blog in a loooooooooooong while. Thank God for post schedules, eh? Remind me to talk about work sometime--I work for a small marketing and consulting firm in the area that specializes in non-profits. If anyone works for a non-profit, you know that the fall is Annual Appeal Season. For us, that means it's The Busy Season. My dinners as of late, if they haven't been crock pot meals, have been mostly of the "throw some random crap together at the last minute" variety.

A while back, I signed up to participate in a recipe swap for this month. The theme was "Blogger's Choice", meaning I was assigned to a blog and got to pick a recipe to make and blog. I was really excited and even made my choice and recipe early, but having zero time as of late, I honestly just sat down to blog at 10:43 p.m., CST. Ugh. Is it January yet????

That aside, I was excited for the swap. The swap is hosted by Sarah @ Taste of Home Cooking. I was assigned new-to-me blog The Jey of Cooking. Jey is a Chicago gal like myself, and busy mom to two little ones. I knew she was speaking my language. Her blog is full of some delicious stuff, and a lot of it comes together quickly. Weeknight meals, anyone? I was immediately attracted to this recipe for creamy parmesan mushrooms. I love mushrooms, and this was a super fast and delicious side for our crock pot dinner a few nights ago. The addition of nutmeg to the cream was really nice. It added a little something without being too powerful or out of place. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Jey! It's been nice "meeting" you on the interwebz.

Creamy Parmesan Mushrooms
(Adapted from The Jey of Cooking)

8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
2 T. butter
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese, plus more to taste.
Pinch nutmeg
Salt, to taste (optional)

In a saute pan, melt butter and saute mushrooms until softened, approximately 5 minutes. When mushrooms have softened and started to brown, add milk, cheese, and nutmeg. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 5-10 minutes, until sauce thickens.

Check for seasonings, add salt if necessary. Serve warm, topped with parmesan cheese.


1 comment:

  1. These sound so good. My husband loves mushrooms. I'll have to try these soon.

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::