Friday, November 16, 2012

GGFF: White Bean Chicken Chili



Monday mornings are always a little frenetic in our home. We're running out the door, grabbing shoes, remembering we didn't pack lunches for anyone, and rushing to get everyone where they need to be on time. Dinners are just as busy, since I have to leave the house for my pole dancing class later that evening. I only get about 90 minutes at home on Mondays if I'm lucky. Usually Monday dinners end up being leftovers or crock pot meals, and I'm glad to have this one in my arsenal of quick and easy meals.

Josie of Pink Parsley shared this recipe a long while ago, and I made it a few times shortly after we had moved. After getting distracted by pregnancy and house stuff and leaving my blog to die, I completely forgot about it. A few weeks ago, she shared it again and I remembered how much I enjoyed this meal. I made it recently and fell in love all over again. This particular chili will be making a regular appearance on our table this winter, and you should definitely try it out.

White Bean Chicken Chili
(Almost not at all adapted from Pink Parsley)

4 15-oz cans of white beans, drained and rinsed (I used Great Northern)
8 oz. pepper-jack cheese, cut into cubes
4 c. your favorite salsa
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat

Combine beans, cheese, and salsa in crock pot. Mix chicken breasts into the crock pot so they're settled in the bean mixture, covering them completely. Cook on low 8 hours. When finished, remove breasts from crock pot, shred the chicken, and return to crock pot. Stir to combine, and heat on low until completely warmed through. Serve with your favorite chili garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::