Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Broiled Artichoke Chicken

Is it just me, or does this look radioactive? Anyone?

I'm just gonna come right out and say it: I'm kind of a whore for artichokes. If we're out somewhere and there's an artichoke dish on the menu, odds are high that I'm going to order it. In my waning efforts to keep up with my 2013 cookbook challenge, I found this gem in my Pampered Chef cookbook and was pretty startled that I hadn't seen it before. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't find a good reason to make it at 9:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning, so Monday night dinner it was.

I served this with roasted red potatoes and a green salad. This was a great way to start the week and came together in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy winter weeknights.

Broiled Artichoke Chicken
(Adapted from 29 Minutes to Dinner by Pampered Chef)

1/2 c. chopped artichoke hearts
2 tsp. minced parsley
4 tsp. grated parmesan cheese, divided
2 tsp. mayonnaise
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & pepper
3 T. dried rosemary
2 tsp. olive oil


Heat broiler to high (if you have that option. Otherwise just turn on the broiler.) Mix the artichoke topping by mixing together in a small bowl the artichokes, parsley, 2 tsp. parmesan cheese, and mayo. Check for seasonings and add salt and pepper if necessary.

Season chicken with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken. Cook 5 minutes per side or until chicken is golden brown. Spread artichoke topping over the top of the chicken breasts and sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp. cheese. Broil chicken breasts for 4-6 minutes, or until topping is golden brown AND chicken is cooked through. Adjust your broiler height as needed if top is browning before chicken is finished cooking. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

  1. I too am a sucker for artichokes! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks like artichoke dip meets chicken, which makes it acceptable for dinner! I can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::