Monday, March 18, 2013

Quick Chicken Ranch Tacos


I'm so, so behind on updating my cookbook challenge page. This particular meal ended up on our menu because I was doing so well with my cookbook challenge that I wanted a change. I am forever pinning and repinning food on Pinterest, and I'm always on the lookout for quick weeknight meals (especially before pole on Mondays). This particular picture has been pinned dozens of times, and like anything that catches fire in the Pinterestsphere, I figured I'd better make it quickly before it was passe.

I really liked these. They are the most un-authentic tacos in the free world, but they're fun, quick, and make a great weeknight meal. Hannah adored them, and she's been incredibly picky lately. (I think the night after I made these, she wanted spinach for dinner. Only spinach.) Because they're so quick and adaptable, there's no reason you can't whip these up and make changes to suit every taste at your table.

Quick Chicken Ranch Tacos
(Adapted from Do You Smell That!!?)

4 c. cooked, shredded chicken
2 T. vegetable oil
1 envelope chicken taco seasoning
1/2 c. ranch dressing (I used lite dressing with no problem), PLUS extra for topping
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 corn tortillas
1 c. shredded lettuce
1/2 c. diced cherry tomatoes
Mexican blend shredded cheese, to taste

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add chicken to the pan and saute a few minutes, just to give the shredded chicken a little color. Sprinkle on the taco seasoning and mix well. Cook for 4 minutes, then pour in ranch dressing. Cook together an additional 3-5 minutes. Taste for seasoning and season lightly with salt and pepper if necessary.

While taco filling is cooking, warm tortillas. Serve tacos in warmed corn tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Top with a drizzle of ranch dressing and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::