Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops


I'm always on the lookout for a quick dinner idea, especially for weeknights. When I took my current job in September, I really had no idea what to expect. Everyone told me that "the Fall is the busy season" but until I was in the thick of it, I honestly didn't know what to expect. Most nights we were lucky to be eating dinner before 8:00 and if you look back, my blogging basically stalled until things slowed down (when I had more free time in the evenings). On top of all that, my pole dancing class meets on Monday nights, so on the busiest nights I had to pick up everyone after work, run home and make dinner, then dash off to class. This particular meal didn't join my arsenal until after the busy season at work, but it will be a repeat customer, for sure. It's super simple since it just uses pantry ingredients, and it's quick to throw together and comes back with lots of flavor. Win!

Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops
(Barely adapted from Cook's Country, February/March 2013)

1 lb. boneless pork chops, 1/4 in. thick, trimmed
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 T. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
6 T. balsamic vinegar
2 T. packed brown sugar
2 T. butter
1 T. minced fresh parsley
1 tsp. Dijon mustard

Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat oil over medium-high in a large skillet. Cook pork chops until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Flip, and repeat process until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.

Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add vinegar and sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens, approx. 3-4 minutes. Pull the pan off the heat and stir in butter, parsley, and Dijon mustard. Heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is blended. Taste for seasonings and add salt and pepper if necessary. Pour over pork chops and serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. I always have most of these ingredients! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was totally one of those meals where I could have walked in and made it as soon as I read it. I think I had to buy more Dijon mustard, and that's just because we were running low.

      Delete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::