Friday, April 5, 2013

GGFF: Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs


In many ways, less is more. Of course, I buy into that only when dressing myself for the day, but not when it comes to food. Just ask any of my family members. The spreads laid out at the parties we throw are becoming legendary. It's not because I'm some kind of superwoman (Good God, can you imagine?) or because I'm trying to impress anyone. It's entirely because I'm afraid someone will leave my home hungry. It's honestly my biggest fear.

I'm weird.

Like I said, less is more. Four simple ingredients, one fantastic meal. Go. Make and eat.

Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs
(Adapted from Bon Appetit/Epicurious, as seen on One Particular Kitchen)

2 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 T. vegetable oil

Heat oven to 475 F. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large cast iron skillet (or any other heavy skillet), heat oil over high until shimmering. Place chicken in skillet, skin side down, and cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes, or until skin is crisp and golden.

Turn off the burner and transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook for 5 minutes, check skin side for signs of burning, and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Flip chicken pieces and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes. Remove to a platter and let rest for a few minutes before serving.

2 comments:

  1. My husband's family is known for TONS of food and I seem to be learning the trait. I agree, someone leaving hungry would be a crime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a sin to me! It honestly freaks me out that people would leave and stop at McDonald's or something.

      Delete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::