Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Skinny Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp


"Oh We! Love! Skinny Skinny Bang Bang! Skinny Skinny Bang Bang, we love you!" (Name that movie.)

I love shrimp. I'd probably eat it weekly if I could get it fresh year-round. I love pretending I'm in paradise, eating dinner that was caught just a few hours earlier. (I'm a sick woman.) While I'm generally not a fan of certain blogs, I couldn't pass up this particular recipe. I also love the name (though I modified it a little, because I'm super mature).

This was well-received by all of us, which is a rarity these days. (Though I feel like I'm always saying that, so maybe I've just finally figured out how to feed the three of us?) Hannah actually asked for more shrimp, and she never wants more of anything unless it's milk or goldfish crackers. Woo hoo!

Skinny Skinny Bang Bang Shrimp
(Adapted from SkinnyTaste.com)

3 T. mayonaise
2 T. sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
2 T. Thai sweet chili sauce
1 tsp. sriracha (or to taste)
Vegetable oil
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper

In a small bowl, combine mayo, green onions, chili sauce, and sriracha. Mix well and set aside.

In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season shrimp lightly with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side, turning once. When shrimp are opaque, they're good to go. Remove to a bowl and pour sauce over the shrimp. Mix well, making sure they're all coated, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::