Friday, July 26, 2013

GGFF & Swap Day: Chipotle Bacon Ranch Burgers


The picture doesn't quite do it justice, because I was desperate to eat and these had just come off the grill, so I slapped one down on a plate and took a picture, completely forgetting any accoutrements. Oops.

I've mentioned before that I'm just kind of "meh" when it comes to burgers. I'm still not a believer, and I always forget that burgers can be delicious and juicy--I'm not kidding when I say I'm scarred by hockey pucks thrown between buns and served up in elementary school on "Burger Day". I'm slowly getting over that frame of mind, but it's not easy. When I was assigned another burger for this month's swap, I sighed a little. I've really tried to curb my overall complaining, but I was really bummed that I didn't get another recipe to try out. That said, I was really glad I tried these. The chipotle sauce was out of this world, and I kept finding other things to dip into it, or other things I could use it for. It's a pretty basic recipe, but the sauce really helped take the burgers to the next level.

This recipe came from Ashley over at Cheese Curd in Paradise. Go check her out! She's got some good stuff posted. And once again, thanks to Sarah at A Taste of Home Cooking for hosting the swap. We're not an easy bunch to wrangle.

Chipotle Bacon Ranch Burgers
(Adapted from Cheese Curd in Paradise)

1/3 c. prepared ranch salad dressing
1 chipotle pepper
1 T. adobo sauce
1.5 lb. ground beef
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 envelope ranch salad dressing/seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
Sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
Additional burger toppings, optional

In a food processor or blender, combine the ranch dressing, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce. Blend together for a few seconds until smooth. Cover and refridgerate until ready to use.

Heat your grill to medium-high using whatever method you prefer (gas, charcoal, chimney, smoke signal...) In a large bowl, mix together the beef, bacon, ranch dressing, and garlic powder. Mix well and form 4-6 burgers. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill burgers for 3-4 minutes per side over direct heat, then move to indirect heat/cooler side of the grill until desired doneness is reached. Top with sliced cheddar in the final 3-4 minutes of grilling.

Top burgers with sauce, any additional toppings, and serve on your favorite buns.




3 comments:

  1. I am happy you liked it! I love the sauce as well. My husband uses it as salad dressing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you got another burger recipe - you can always let me know you aren't a fan and I'll swap it for something else. :) But that being said, I'm SO glad you tried it and liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::