Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fresh Corn & Green Onion Quinoa



Okay, so I need to apologize because I've been on a quinoa tear lately, and I don't think I'm showing any sign of stopping. The cause of my problem is that it's so easy to throw together before pole on Tuesdays, it's quick, and it's protein-packed, so I can get my fill without stuffing my face.

Of course, the problem is that my family is starting to really get annoyed with me. Oops.

I'm not going to waste your time with this one. It's a good dinner or a nice side dish, perfect for lunch as leftovers...or just lunch! And if you're lucky enough to have some fresh corn at your disposal, this is a good place to use it!

Fresh Corn & Green Onion Quinoa
(Adapted from Gourmet, as seen on Just A Taste)

3 c. corn, fresh or frozen
2 c. quinoa
1 T. lemon zest
Juice of half a lemon
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 T. honey
Salt and pepper
4 green onions, chopped

Cook the corn according to your preference. (I think this is awesome with grilled corn, personally.) If using fresh and cooking, cook according to your liking and set aside to cool. When cooled, remove kernels from cobs with a sharp knife. If using frozen, thaw and bring to room temperature.

Cook quinoa according to package directions.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, and honey. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.

When quinoa has finished cooking, drain, and place in a large bowl or on a large platter. Pour over dressing and toss to combine. Check for seasonings and season with salt and pepper if desired. Top with green onions and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there! Thanks for visiting. Have something to share? ::points down::